Top 10 Invisalign Questions
1. How many hours do I have to wear my aligners? Even though you can remove the aligners to eat, brush and for special occasions, it is important to wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day to keep your treatment plan on schedule.
2. How often do I change my aligners? Every visit you are given several aligners. Depending on your treatment plan, you will change your aligners every 7 to 14 days in the comfort of your home.
3. How often do I need to come into the office for check-ups? Depending on your treatment plan and how well your aligners are moving your teeth, you will be seen in office for check-ups and delivery of more trays every 8-12 weeks. In traditional braces, you are seen every 6 to 8 weeks.
4. How long are my appointments in the office? After your initial aligner delivery, your appointments in the office are usually in and out and last 5-15 minutes.
5. Do I have diet restrictions when in Invisalign treatment? No you do not!!! That is the beauty of Invisalign, you remove the trays and can eat or drink what ever you desire! Woohoo!
6. Is there anything glued to my teeth during Invisalign treatment? In your treatment, you will have a handful of attachments (tooth colored glue) that are placed on your teeth. Although we take every effort to minimize the number of these attachments, they are important for the movement of teeth in your treatment.
7. Will people see my Invisalign trays or attachments? Invisalign treatment is virtually invisible. The clear plastic is hard to detect unless people are up in your grill and the attachments are a shade of tooth color that closely resembles the natural tooth color.
8. How many people have been treated with Invisalign? Over 3 Million patients have been treated with Invisalign products and have created beautiful smiles.
9.) How does brushing and flossing differ with Invisalign? Breath a sigh of relief, brushing and flossing is a lot easier with Invisalign!! Simply remove your trays and brush and floss without the need to use threaders or small tooth brushes.
10.) How many sets of trays will I have with my treatment? Although every patient and treatment plan is different, most Invisalign cases are treated with an average of 18 to 30 aligners.
Bonus Question) How is my treatment progress tracked with Invisalign? When your treatment is started, a virtual treatment plan is created by Dr. Booth and the state-of-the-art Invisalign software. Based on the trays you are currently wearing, we can use the software to see if your trays are on track in moving your teeth.